Old 06-17-10, 08:58 AM
retrofit

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by cpsqlrwn
Would you expect the entire frame is chromed underneath?
Yes, but I wouldn't expect the entire frame to have been polished to look as good as the lugs.

Originally Posted by cpsqlrwn
This bike is a 6 speed so I am hoping the rear is 126. The seller is a little measurement challenged so I couldn't get that from him. It's a little hard to establish whether the rear is 120 or 126 when you measure in inches! At the very least, I may want to throw a Super Record 7 speed drivetrain on it. I also have a very nice 8 speed Record group with new hubs and almost new ergo shifters that would be a big step up in performance. I'm going to ride it "as is" immediately to get a feel for the ride characteristics before deciding. However, if the rear is only 120 should I be reluctant about going from 120 to 130 on the rear? I know 126 to 130 is nothing, but I've never taken the bigger jump. 5 mm on a side is about 1/5 of an inch.
My rear dropouts are 130. My understanding is that it was built that way to accommodate installation of the Portacatena. Check the drive side Campy dropout for two screw holes: