Old 06-17-10, 09:13 PM
jboyd

Bikes: Giant "Rainier"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mtn Bike - Whitewater - Highest Point East of the Rockies & 7 Micro-Breweries

The countdown starts now....T-Minus 58 hours - Leaving on Sunday morning with my son on our second annual "Cat's in the Cradle" fathers day trip.

Sunday - Chattanooga TN - Got a $179 room downtown (Sheraton Read House Hotel)
for $40 on Priceline, located in between two local micro breweries

Monday - Bryson City, NC - Whitewater in the a.m. and mountain biking at TSALI in the late afternoon - Monday evening at Nantahala Brewing Company

Tuesday - More TSALI single track trail riding - Tuesday evening in Asheville, NC ($190 room for $45 for Tue & Wed) - French Broad Brewing Company tour.

Wednesday - In the a.m. Blue Ridge Parkway and a hike to the top of the highest point east of the rocky mountains, Mt. Mitchell (6,684 ft) - The afternoon and evening, I have arranged a tour that includes transportation from our hotel to Highland Brewing Co., Pisgah Brewing Co., and finally, Asheville Brewery and Pizza for dinner and then a return to the hotel.

Come on, admit it guys (and gals), you want to go too

I am hoping for no more than a 5 lb weight gain for this trip Pictures to follow. I am actually going to rent my bike for this trip. Too much city for me to want to have to worry about our bikes getting stolen.