Thread: Bike Weight
View Single Post
Old 06-18-10, 07:02 PM
grimace308
crash 5

Bikes: 90s? serotta t-max, 09' planet x ti frame w/sram force, '10 Bianchi Volpe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
People should be talking about aerodynamics first. For many people, it's a free performance upgrade (and the best one) and one that they don't use!

I haven't found any source that indicates the effect of the weight of the wheels (that is, weight on the rims, since weight at the hubs probably doesn't matter anywhere near as much).

What does "noticeable" mean? I suspect that some people might be able to notice a large difference in wheel weight when accelerating quickly but it's hard to say whether there will be any significant difference in overall speed for "normal" riding (which is where the value would be).
they probably should be more talk about aerodynamice, but this thread is about weight. when the clyde aero thread starts, ill be there

in the world i frequent, id prefer not to have catastophic wheel faliure, mess up my already iffy, mug. that being said, starting up in traffic is where rotating mass comes into play, at least for me and i dont mind an easier time.

if the wheels are durable and im getting a super hookup, ill rock ksyrium elites no problem. if i cant buy 3 sets, i have no problem with the 32h 3x beater wheels (anchors) on my xbike.

i forgot where i was going with this, but since im such a wimp, i can tell when im expending less energy, getting going. i can tell wheels...i think.