Old 06-19-10, 09:59 AM
dennyd
CarFree Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AACK! Too much padding in shorts X3!

I am replacing some bike shorts - old Tindale, Cannondale, and Trek - these shorts have thousands of miles on them, and some have been worn and washed (by hand, and hung to dry) for decades. The three new shorts I have tried, Canari, Perl Izumi, and Performance brands, have a HUGE chunk of foam padding. It feels strange walking in these things, and the foam padding is chafing in new places that I am not used to. These new shorts also take longer to dry - I am riding in 100+ degree heat in Texas.

I am not satisfied at all with the new "padding technology". Is there any new short manufacurer that just includes a chamois or synthethic pad without a large chunk of foam rubber padding? I now know the meaning of others who complain of feeling like they are wearing diapers. I have gone to the bike shops, and ordered online. It seems that the huge pad is in fashion.

Does anyone here know of a good quality bike short with just a minimal chamois/synthentic pad without the useless bulky foam padding?

thanks in advance,
dennyd

Last edited by dennyd; 06-19-10 at 10:03 AM.