View Single Post
Old 06-19-10, 05:00 PM
cmsuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2nd race of the season and career, first being last weekend, Cobb Park Crit

Lined up a little bit late so I was about 3rd row. 2nd turn of the first lap I hear squealing tires and prepare for an emergency stop. I had to slam my brakes like everybody else after somebody goes down, don't know what exactly happened as it happened at the very front. I hit the curb, but no damage done. Five guys went through unscathed, not even having to slow down. By the time everybody got moving again they had about a quarter lap on us. I was in the third chase group and was feeling really good so I went with one other guy and we bridged to the second chase group. After one lap with them, I went up with 2 guys this time to the first chase group. We failed to get back on the the lead 5, but we kept a really good pace. I popped on the bell lap and sprinted in to get 15 out of 40-45 riders, I forget the exact amount.

Race went a lot better than last week when I got dropped 5 laps in. I rode a lot smarter, staying out of the wind when unnecessary which helped a lot. Lesson for next time, line up early at the front so I don't get caught behind any stupid crashes. I think there were a total of 3 or 4 crashes in the race. Had a blast, overall a great race. Can't wait to continue racing and learning much much more.