benajah
One legged rider

Bikes: Kuota Kharma, Surly LHT, CAAD9, Bianchi fg/ss

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey Oldsport,
I am another one of the wounded warriors. 173rd Airborne, I spent 14 months at Walter Reed, from August 2005 till Oct 2006. Lost my right leg in Paktika Province, Afghanistan. I hope you are doing good, and hope you see this message.
Have you ever heard of Challenged Athletes Foundation? If not, look them up. They have a program that basically helps support athletic ambitions of challenged athletes. I do a lot of triathlon races with them and they are really great.
The trip you are doing is inspirational. I wish you the best. I would love to be able to put somehting like this together myself. I live in a suburb of SF and if I had seen this message I would have come out and rode a couple of days with yall, but I didnt know.
Also, if you would like to try to organize some sort of annual Iraq/Afghanistan vet, Wounded Warrior ride, whether regional or cross country or something like that, let me know via PM. I am really interested in organizing something but have not run into anyone interested in the same thing since I have been out. I have been a little preoccpuied with career and things.