badhat
impressive member

Bikes: c'dale supersix, jamis trilogy, spec. tricross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by slim_77
good work, man! I'm curious what kind of adjustments you made with the clip-on bars? saddle & bar height?
i have a stage race next weekend with a crit and TT on the same day, so the key for me was to be able to turn around the position from road to TT quickly and precisely, so i got a completely separate seatpost and saddle, seatpost w/out setback and saddle position way forward and pitched down a hair, and electrical taped both seatposts at the seatpost collar so i can just swap them and be ready to go. i got rid of all my spacers under my stem, and flipped the stem, but kept it in a position i can ride comfortably in on the road as well.

i did all of my position tweaking w advice from the big TT thread, and trial and error on my morning commute, which isa pretty perfect TT course on county roads. Ze came by the house last week and looked at it and confirmed it was good, for a road bike mod, and offered a couple of small tips, most of which i incorporated, and ended up with what i think is a pretty tight position, and close enough to my road bike fit that i didnt feel like i was losing a ton of power or hurting new muscles (though my glutes are really sore today).