View Single Post
Old 06-20-10, 01:34 PM
mitty2328

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.2 SRAM Force

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I have been racing juniors for two year now and my coach has been getting on me to start racing the 4/5s. I decided with the start of the Tour of America's dairyland i would do my first race. The first race went great. I was top 12 the whole time but ended up around 22nd outta 45 after the final sprint. Now for the fun part. Yesterday was the second race. It was a fast and technical six turn crit. The giro de grafton for anyone who knows of it. Going into the 20th minute we were picking up the pace for a prime. Nobody was sprinting but we were hauling at about 31 mph. I was sitting "comfortably" at 7th when two guys next to me went down. It was just like with Cavendish. The two guys were teammates too. The one outside veered left and right into his teammate. Since we were crossing over the start/finish line the boards were fairly narrow and we were about 3 inches apart. One riders wheel went into mine causing my wheel to go completly sideways. I went over the bars and slid/bounce about 15-20 feet. Had about 4 bikes bounce off my body to and a few guys land on me. In total 27 riders went down. I got up but couldn't find my bike under everyone elses for a bit. Once i did I got to SRAM neutral support and they put on a Zipp 404 wheelset. They were very nice. I'm banged up and have road rash on my knee, hip, back and elbow. My wheels are trashed but the bike is fine. I ended the day 42nd outta 66.

Question: Why was Sram neutral support giving Zipp wheels out? and Any help with a new racing wheelset would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.