Old 06-22-10, 11:49 AM
deadprez012

Bikes: Masi Vincere (2011); Diamondback Interval (1993); Miyata SSCX build (c. 1990)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Randochap
Speaking of learning lessons .... If you got rid of that thing now (you'd be better off with something like this), then worked ten years penance with a human rights organization, you may lesson your chances of being reincarnated as a pack animal in Bolivia.
Um...well I'll see about the human rights organization bit...but I completely agree I'd be better off on that! That is, if you have one handy

What should be to come from this Denali is something low low on the totem pole to compare to the first CV I pick up (edit: first that I keep) because I've been on a 25 yo bike that felt & rode better than this one. Currently on the hunt in my area for something worth rebuilding...but that topic is in another forum entirely.

BTW, lesson from today:
Even more than crap components, $h!tty tires are $h!tty tires. Do not think they can be saved. Do not think that your 85psi max tubes will suffice. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Some patch work and Slime-covered, dirty fingers later, I think they'll make it to the weekend!