Thread: Tandem Handling
View Single Post
Old 06-22-10, 03:39 PM
LordKeiella

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To some degree you are spot on Ritterview. There is a micro niche of community of motorized bicyclists that I am connected with, and will be planning my route with some consideration for where that community is located along my path. I am keeping things as simple as possible, using a very high quality Tecumesh engine, not the modern chinese 2 strokes that seem to be all the rage today. Between simplicity and quality where is matters most, I expect that any breakdowns will be both minor and rare. *knocks on formica, tosses salt over left shoulder and bites dogs ear for luck* The beauty of my rig is the fact that I am not limited to one form of propulsion. As long as there is air in my tires, I will be able to go, even up the mountain - tho I am NOT wanting that leg to be sans gasoline!

I traded the tourer for the tandem, so I am all in on this! I hope that my rig will be unique enough, my journey interesting enough, that the frankenstien aspect will be welcomed by those I come across as I ride