View Single Post
Old 06-24-10, 01:48 AM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
I wonder how the witness came to find the driver. This is friggin' laughable. Think their phone and e-mail records would show some level of contact before the incident?
Where on the road was this "witness?" How did they find the driver? How did the "witness" know what was happening?

I know what the OP means about horns blasting from behind. Down here in Fl we have quite a few motorists driving around with those hornblaster.com air horns (the ones designed to go on trains) installed in their cars. At their web site they have "testimony" from people who have pulled up along side of buses full of kids and blasted them to scare the crap out of them. They have also done the same to animals and one "genius" did so to a LEO who was getting ready to write the driver up for equipment failure. In that case I hope that the driver got the book thrown at them.

It was a few years ago but I also had a moron come up behind me and really lay on the horn. This started just north of the Post Office at Hanes Rd and 9th St. N. and continued until we passed the casual clam. Where even though I had signaled and moved over into the left lane preparing for my upcoming left hand turn Mr. considerate continued to honk his horn at me.

By the time that we passed the Casual Clam I had both hands flipping the driver off, and everyone in the Casual Clam was wondering what the hell was going on out on 9th St. But the good thing for me is that everyone in the Casual Clam agreed and acknowledged that what I was doing was safe and legal.