View Single Post
Old 06-27-10, 12:52 AM
xoxoxoxoLive

Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
This is what I found works for (me). I really like the upright riding position of a Hybrid. So raise the seat to the highest level possible,(without your hips moving back and fourth), just gives you awesome peddle power
strokes on and off rode. Make sure your seat is back far enough or close enough, that your arms are bent a
little bit, and your knee is at a straight line with your peddle when midway through the down stroke. I can ride
mine for hours and never feel uncomfortable, and seat position is so important, never want to be to close or to
far from the bars, (if your bike allows, you may be able to use your bars for some of that adjustment, but make sure your seat is as high as possible, ( without your hips moving) and you will feel like a RODE Warrior, I thought I had mine just right till tinkering around with it, and found out that my seat could go up almost another 1/2 inch. That added about 2 MPH to my average speed...Hope this helps. Richard ( Bike size means a lot to, never want to feel cramped or to stretched out)