Old 06-27-10, 04:41 AM
bfloyd6969

Bikes: Schwinn Madison, Windsor Dover

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cjzoller
I'm not familiar with the Schwinn, but have put some seat time on both the Hounder and the Draft. I personally don't agree with Squeegeesunny, I think you would be perfectly happy with either bike and would not regret it. I would probably give the slight edge to the SE, but the Hounder won't disappoint.

Also as some people noted above, an extra $100 could put you into the Messenger, Kilo TT range will give you MUCH more.

I think if you could get that extra hundred over the course of the next few weeks go that route, if you will miss out on a whole summer of riding before you can scrape the cash together get the Draft. The few months of riding will be worth it more.

Hope this helps!
Thanks everyone. From what I've read, the Hounder has a couple of the tubes to be chormoly (probably the seat tube and down tube I would hope?), vs. the Daft and Cutter to be all hi-ten. I would think that the couple of chromoly tubes of the Hounder to be just a bit better of a ride over the ohter two, no? Then, the Cutter is said to have Schwinn's N'lightened tubing process - I have own Schwinns before with this tubing process in aluminum, but never in hi-ten so I don't how this would affect the lower grade steel.

I'm sure I can coax the boss into letting me dish out another hundred or so for the Clockwork (I'm sure a nice dinner out can do that ). I'm riding a conversion right now (a few year old BD Windsor Dover with single speed chain tensioner), so if need be I can wait a tad longer. I'm a believer that the importance of a bike is in its frame and a full chromoly frame is what I would rather have. Heck, I even have enough parts lying around so as if I was just to buy a frame/fork, I could put together my own bike. I believe Nashbar has a single speed frame/fork (SE Lager I think it was) on sale right now for a bit under $200... I'll have to pop over there and check it out...

Last edited by bfloyd6969; 06-27-10 at 04:46 AM.