KiddSisko
Has coddling tendencies.

Bikes: 2008 Blue RC8 w/ '09 Rival

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 8 Posts
When will we all see?

When are all of us finally going to see the results of our interest and efforts in cycling? Do you have a goal in mind? And once you reach that goal, what then? For what purpose are you here reading Bike Forums?

Me? I came here in 2005 looking for information on my vintage steel bike. At the time I was a devout flatlander, who only cruised along the beach routes dressed in t-shirts and wearing a baseball cap to keep the sun out of my eyes. I had no interest in racing or even riding up a hill longer than 1/4 mile. I was utterly clueless about bikes and components post 1970's. I was also completely unconcerned about what other cyclists thought of me. I don't think I even paid attention to another cyclist, or what they were riding. As far as I was concerned, I was the "real deal," out there riding a piece of history and keeping the flame of the true cyclist torch alive. What an elitist twit!

Then someone stole my bike from a supposedly "safe" storage unit on my property. I was determined at first to find a suitable vintage replacement, but inspired by what I saw while while watching the 2007 TdF, I decided to buy a current model triple crank bike and try climbing up the local mountains for the first time. I've gone through 3 bikes since then, upgrading each time, and I'm still riding up and down the local mountains. Since then I've also caught up thoroughly with modern cycling technology.

My goal is to keep improving and challenge myself on longer and harder rides, as well as explore new routes. Being as fit as I am for as vintage as I am is very rewarding. Being able to keep up with the fast boys on a Rival equipped 16.25 lb CF bike is a huge kick! When I upgrade my current 1600 gm wheels and replace my Rival group with Red, then you'll all see.

Last edited by KiddSisko; 06-27-10 at 09:06 PM.