Old 06-28-10, 11:00 AM
CPFITNESS
Banned

Bikes: Giant Rapid 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
okay so I got antsy and decided "F&*K it" I cleaned up my bike and didn't even get the crank taken off and just hit it with a can of krylon black satin. I have it in my mind that I'm going to make this bike a regular rider and if i do decide it's a keeper I can get it sandblasted and powdercoated for about $200 here in nyc. In the interim, I had sanded parts of a couple of tubes to make sure it was just surface rust I was dealing with and in the process i made it really annoying looking. an hour later, the black krylon looks decent, a few runs in it but the way I see it, it's like an impressionist painting, from a distance it's not going to be terribly noticeable. This is nyc and keeping it looking like a piece of crap is all part of the security factor. I did get a little spray on the cranks but I got some off with acetone. my plan was to remove the cranks and give it an oxalic acid bath to fully clean them up. I think now the plan is to put the bike back together with the new carbon fork, ride it for a couple of weeks to see how she feels and if all goes well and I'm definately going to keep it, I will spring the money for the powedercoat.

If anyone can answer my question above though it would be appreciated. I can bring the frame to my job tonight and throw it inside the sauna for awhile if that will help the process