Old 06-28-10, 12:26 PM
JohnBerry
LerpwllWelsh

Bikes: Bianchi Volpe 2003. Bike Friday World Tourer. Trek 1.2Alpha

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Boy - I hope my half a message didn't post - I hit the wrong button just now! To recap, my UK trip has had a rocky start: I rode the DownTube into the center of London and did a few days business there, but then left it with a cousin, as it is a little too small for me and my knees would get ruined in the Highlands. Couldn't find a decent bike to rent in London, the focus is on commuters. Everyone wanted to sell me a bike that is a duplicate of my Bianchi Volpe at home. So took the train to Edinburgh, and have found a shop here that rents out Bromptons and Hybrids. I've been drooling over Bromptons for years, but it turns out they're a little too short for me (seat-to-handlebar) also. But I may rent one for the first part of the trip with the understanding I can return it after a week if it doesn't work for me. A hybrid doesn't really appeal either, but I did a short tour in Aussie on one and it's tolerable if you don't try to battle the wind too much - some hope in the Hebrides!

Anyway "come hell or high water" I'm off tomorrow. When ya gotta go ya gotta go.