Old 06-29-10, 02:43 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Ygduf
good luck. they are very light adverse, so if you want a real test, take off the sheets, lay on the bed in the dark for 20 minutes and have someone flip the switch quickly. if you're being eaten, you'll see them.

the way they work is to basically wander around in the dark, and move towards heat. so if you're spraying, get the tracks from the bed to any heat (computers in the room really attract them).

you just brought the mattress home yesterday? I'd rather sleep on the floor than worry about it. but really, lay on it for 20 minutes and see what crawls on you.
(victorias secret)

Well, I slept in my bed last night and I have no bites. I woke up at 5 am with a feeling that I was being bitten, so I did the logical thing and freaked out. I jumped outta bed and flipped the switch and there was nothing anywhere. Must have been the sheets or my boxers. Though I couldn't get rid of the creepy crawly feeling. I guess that's to be expected.

(victorias secret)

Like I said, the only time I was bitten was when I was in the living room, so I'm really hoping it was just an odd one that was on the movers truck or moving stuff. I just finished spraying raid for roaches, and might buy something more bb appropriate. There were no corners of the mattress or box spring which had any visible bb's or anything else visible (i.e. characteristic rust spots and so on). I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

(victorias secret)

I've had my share of bug related things: ticks and leeches, mosquitos and malaria, had lice in grade school, etc etc etc. But something about bed bugs is especially gross and I'd much rather not have had anything to do with an infestation, even if it wasn't directly me.
(victorias secret)

I'm going to ask my housemates if I can spray the entrance to their doors and near the legs of their bed when they leave for work tomorrow. Maybe even the legs for the couches. Maybe even the perimeter of their room since they have wood floors.

(victorias secret)(victorias secret)(victorias secret)(victorias secret)(victorias secret)(victorias secret)(victorias secret)(victorias secret)(victorias secret)(victorias secret)(victorias secret)(victorias secret)(victorias secret)(victorias secret)

Last edited by ridethecliche; 06-29-10 at 02:48 PM. Reason: (victorias secret)