View Single Post
Old 06-30-10, 10:37 AM
crawdaddio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I started pulling my dog to work with me in a trailer this spring. I have always used clips/straps or powergrips in the past. My legs were getting very sore from pulling the extra 80 or so pounds. So I finally went and bought some clipless pedals and MTB style shoes, and I can say without a doubt that my stroke/cadence has become way more efficient. I ride a singlespeed steamroller and have no more difficulty pulling the weight on my commute.

I have ridden for years and never bought into clipless pedals, I thought they would be a hassle. I have now outfitted all of my bikes with the 'campus pedals'. I am entirely convinced that they just work better, you get more power with less effort, and it feels really smooth to be connected to the bike. I bought MTB style shoes with the recessed cleats and walk around the city in them quite comfortably.

I think every serious cyclist should at least TRY it. Buy from Performance bike, with their unconditional return policy, and simply return them if you hate it.