Hunt-man
Tete de Couch

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by hurley.girl
Not sure if I want to jump in with all of this, but that's not exactly what he said. He said he wasn't doping, then he said he was doping, and oh, by the way, so was everyone else. I think I'd be more inclined to believe him if he started with a simple "I doped". However, the way he admitted to doping, including the timing, indicates to me that this is not a "clearing of his conscious" but something a lot more. I think it was designed to bring him back into the spotlight which he so clearly loves. I'm not saying others didn't dope and I'm certainly not a Lance fan, but I'm very suspicious of all of his accusations against others. He's obviously willing to lie to get what he wants. I just don't think he wants to clear his conscious.
I'm with Hurley-girl on this. Floyd is lashing out and seeking to injure cycling for not letting him into the TOC. That must have cost him a lot of money. That is the context of his lashing out. If he had just decided to come clean, on his own, I would agree with many of the other posts in this thread and suggest to get at the truth. Landis appears to be having a tantrum and is willing to try anything, first at the TOC now at the start of the TDF. It is clearly destructive behavior on his part that is designed to be as destructive as possible. Just cause the WSJ prints it doesn't mean it is true.

Remember: Landis lied about his doping for years. Took about a million dollars for his "legal defense fund" from donations. Wrote a book professing his innocence. Landis will have to have some solid evidence and lots of other witnesses / participants come forward before I believe one word of his BS. The only thing that is clear now is that Landis is a liar, an angry vengeful liar.