Old 07-03-10, 08:53 AM
chasmm

Bikes: '85 Rossin Super Record, '88 Specialized Sequoia, '10 Raleigh Cadent FT2, '10 Specialized Roubaix Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I want to believe that LA is clean. Of course, I want to believe in the innate goodness of the human race, but...

As far as Floyd, if he told me that the sun would rise tomorrow, I'd wait to see it for myself and when it did, I'd say it was a coincidence. He's a liar, and as such you can't tell when he's not lying. IIRC, as recently as March he was still raising money for the Floyd "Fairness" Fund while at the same time he was supposedly talking with the WSG and federal investigators. Wait...maybe he's a double agent?!?

As far as the impact of this investigation on the LAF, if LA is found to have been guilty of doping then it will destroy the LAF. LA will have NO credibility, and will be treated just as Floyd was/is...with reason. All those corporate sponsors will abandon him and the politicians will avoid him. Again, with reason..he'll have been proved to be a liar.

Is all this any good for cycling? I don't know. Most of us get enough grief from the average motorist that they don't need any additional reasons to have disdain for our sport. On the other hand, kids still play baseball even after all the doping in that sport (but then again, IT is BASEBALL).

Will cycling ever be clean? Probably not. As long as the reward outweighs the risk, someone will be willing to do whatever it takes to win. As I wrote at the start of this post, I want to believe in the innate goodness of the human race, but...

Charles