Old 07-03-10, 09:50 AM
Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
I notice you don't address the part where I have lost loved ones to cancer, despite your assumption to the contrary. In fact, I just found out that my Saturday morning swim coach will be out for a while due to uterine cancer. Moving on...

Originally Posted by patentcad
What you believe seems rather trivial compared to the millions who derive support and inspiration from Livestrong.
So, I'm not entitled to my opinion on this, even though my life has been hit by cancer? And neither, I suppose, is anyone else who happens to disagree with you? Nothing is above criticism (including me, before anyone claims I'm implying otherwise).

Get over yourself.
Right back at you. Your emotional needs are not above the law. Vick and Roethlisberger could cure cancer together tomorrow and I'd still say they're both sub-human.

Correct. It is quite arguable however that the important contribution of Livestrong is psychological for the people who believe in the message. If they blow the cover off any Armstrong doping from a decade ago, kiss that goodbye.
If you want empty psychological comfort, go to church, and have the decency to be honest about what you're trying to sell me instead of talking endlessly about "The Cure" before bait-and-switching with emotional needs.

Originally Posted by roadwarrior
Well said. Very well said.
It really, really wasn't. It was empty platitudes and emotional appeal devoid of any substance.