ls01
he said member

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2789 Post(s)
Liked 1,951 Times in 1,207 Posts
Originally Posted by Tulex
It's a pointless truth. Doping in sports doesn't hurt anyone but the person doing it. But the good someone can do for others with fame is a hell of a lot more relevant and important. And if you want to argue the whole fair thing with those that don't want to dope, who cares? Sports is entertainment. It's not life. Bottom line, doping in sports doesn't matter to or affect 99% of the people on this planet. Cancer does.
Doping in sports hurts ALL of us. The entire point of any competition is to find who the best is. Would it be ok if I showed up and took a cab to the finish, got out got on my bike and crossed the finish line? Then when the press figure it out I can say well, sure but I do a lot of work with the homeless so it all balances out?
The end justifies the means. So as long as I win and do some good with the fame I get from winning its all good?
Cheating is cheating weather its in sports, buisness or monopoly. Its never going to be ok. You want to be able to justify it because he did some good with the spoils. How do you know the person who should have won would not have done greater things?