Old 07-03-10, 11:19 AM
lilyprotector

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hunt-man
I'm with Hurley-girl on this. Floyd is lashing out and seeking to injure cycling for not letting him into the TOC. That must have cost him a lot of money. That is the context of his lashing out. If he had just decided to come clean, on his own, I would agree with many of the other posts in this thread and suggest to get at the truth. Landis appears to be having a tantrum and is willing to try anything, first at the TOC now at the start of the TDF. It is clearly destructive behavior on his part that is designed to be as destructive as possible. Just cause the WSJ prints it doesn't mean it is true.

Remember: Landis lied about his doping for years. Took about a million dollars for his "legal defense fund" from donations. Wrote a book professing his innocence. Landis will have to have some solid evidence and lots of other witnesses / participants come forward before I believe one word of his BS. The only thing that is clear now is that Landis is a liar, an angry vengeful liar.
I couldn't agree more. And I too believed Landis, or rather, gave him the benefit of the doubt bec there were troubling things about the French lab. Anyway, the way Landis has gone about this (big announcement before Tour of California and then big announcement before Tour de France) says to me he is trying to do as much damage as possible to cycling and Lance in particular. He's a brat throwing a tantrum bec no one would hire him. He is completely untrustworthy, and what is sad is that he can throw in the names of anybody he wants (including Lim who is a huge clean cycling advocate) and automatically cast suspicion on people.

By the way, I'm so happy to find a forum where people are talking logically and reasonably, regardless of which side you fall on this. I was on another forum on a prologue thread when half a dozen people went off about lance doping and how the versus commentators are "sucking lance's teats" bec they questioned landis' credibility. when i responded pretty much with what was written above by hurley girl (seriously, nothing rude or crazy) i was jumped on for being off-topic and told to take lance and his doping elsewhere. i was really shocked and saddened, not just by that, but by the viciousness of most of the posters. i'm a huge lance fan. he's made the tours really exciting for many years. i'm not saying that maybe at some point he didn't dope (esp long ago when that was really so much the culture and lots if not most were doing it), but i also believe that his countless clean blood tests count for something. many people have tested positive and paid for it, but lance has never had a bad test. it's perplexing to me why some people will ignore all those tests and feel they need to denigrate anyone who feels they count for something.