Old 07-03-10, 11:22 AM
Tulex
Junk Mile Junkie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ls01
Doping in sports hurts ALL of us. The entire point of any competition is to find who the best is. Would it be ok if I showed up and took a cab to the finish, got out got on my bike and crossed the finish line? Then when the press figure it out I can say well, sure but I do a lot of work with the homeless so it all balances out?
The end justifies the means. So as long as I win and do some good with the fame I get from winning its all good?
Cheating is cheating weather its in sports, buisness or monopoly. Its never going to be ok. You want to be able to justify it because he did some good with the spoils. How do you know the person who should have won would not have done greater things?
The idea that sports matters is hilarious. It's entertainment. It doesn't change lives for the better any more than it hurts lives.

And we are not talking about ignoring a current wrong for the good it does. We are talking about proving a past wrong that would hurt a present good.

Is it worth hurting people that didn't wrong just so that a person that did can pay?