Carbon Unit
Live to ride ride to live

Bikes: Calfee Tetra Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by chinarider
May be a bit ambitious, depending on your previous activity/exercise level. The last thing you want to do is be all gung ho, get burnt out and quit after a few weeks. The actual plan looks ok if you're up to it, but I'm guessing that if you need to lose 20lbs you may not be. If you can do it, great, but don't hesitate to back off some and add some rest days if it seems necessary. Lasting change comes form lifestyle changes, not brief flurries of intense training programs.

Thanks for the input. Not sure if I am up to it or not. I have been cycling for four years but needed to take a year off to recover from a surgery. Before the surgery, I was riding a 120 miles per week although not particularly fast. Since recovering from the surgery, I am much faster and stronger. My major concern with the training program is that I might need more days off.

As for the weight, I am 6'3" and 215, I think 195 is about has lean as I can get without being skin and bones. When I started riding, I was 235 and did manage to get to 210 before going in for surgery. My main motivation to lose weight is so that I can be faster, stronger and feel better.