Old 07-06-10, 08:20 AM
ctcycler

Bikes: Scott CR1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kmoses
About two weeks ago I started getting a tight pain in my right knee (occurs right where the vastus medialis, tear drop muscle on inside front of leg on top of knee) after I did three consecutive days of 3+ hr base rides. After I started getting the pain I took a few days off. Since I've done 2 rides and the pain comes back within 20-30 min even though I'm spinning light gears. The pain is only there when I ride and only occurs at the top of my downstroke. It still aches a few hours after riding but is usually gone the next morning. It doesn't hurt to do any other activity (walk, run, or lift weights). Anyone ever experience this? If so, what did you do to treat it? I've tried rasing my saddle and adjusting my cleats but to no avail. And yes, I've got an appointment with a doc but I prefer to be as self-educated about what may be wrong before I go see the doc.
I had issue's similar to this and was diagnosed with Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome. Have you had problems walking up or down stairs? Does it hurt if you sit in one position too long? If it does you too may have Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome. My doctor sent me to Physical Therapy and they have been working on increasing the muscle strength in my left quad, have also worked on my flexibility. I can touch my toes with ease for the first time since high school. Good to hear you have a DR's appt, as they are the only person that can either tell you what is wrong or point you in the right direction (physiotherapist, or orthopedist). Good Luck