Old 04-27-05, 09:25 PM
skidmarx
paramount member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by luker
Not a paramount, certainly. My guess'd be a Voyager SP. I think I remember that they were all chrome-plated beneath the paint...that would be a Panasonic-made bike, maybe?
WAIT, WAIT...DON'T GO AWAY!
Can you (or anyone) tell me more about the Voyageur SP? I bought one off ebay last fall. What does the SP stand for? Also, about this chrome-plating beneath paint...I just had my frame powder coated and had no idea about the chrome beneath the paint, not that I would have changed my mind except this must have been a good rust preventative. The powder coat guys sand blasted the frame except for the visible 1/3 chrome front forks and rear stays. I'm very excited to see it. I've done various searchs on this forum and others and find extremely little on the V SP. Can anyone offer more info on this model? I'm embarrased to say I've yet to pin down it's age but when purchased the seller said he thought it was an '81. After seeing some of the dating clues here, I'll be looking more closely when getting her, hopefully tomorrow. I'd appreciate any info on this touring bike. Thanks Much.