Carbon Unit
Live to ride ride to live

Bikes: Calfee Tetra Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by valygrl
It's really hard to lose weight and train for performance at the same time. To lose weight, count calories. Underestimate your calorie burn from your training, overestimate your calorie intake. When you are training hard, you need fuel, so make sure to fuel your rides beforehand, rather than "saving" your daily calorie allocation for after the ride. This can lead to being starving after your ride but not having enough calories left in your daily allotment to feel not-starving.

Was it bariatric surgery? If so, you might want to head over to the clyde forum and see if there is useful info there.

You don't say anything about your diet, current activity and current fitness before instituting this plan, or how you came up with that plan, so it's not really possible to evaluate it.

On a separate note, you live in SoCal, why so much trainer time?
You make an excellent point about losing weight and making gains at the same time. Yes, you are correct. Coming from a weight lifting background, I have never been able to cut body fat and gain muscle at the same time. My primary goal is to cut body fat so, I will turn down the intensity of my work outs and increase the duration.

My surgery was a Hiatel Hernia and a really bad one. My diaphragm had torn a hole the size of a grape fruit and my stomach, part of my Colin and small intestines went through the hole and collapsed my left lung. Hill climbing sucked before the surgery but not so bad now that I have two working lungs.

The reason that I use the trainer so much is just because of time. I work long hours and I go to the gym a three times a week in the evenings. I have lights that I put on my bike and can train at night but working the trainer early in the morning fits my schedule better.