View Single Post
Old 04-28-05, 01:25 AM
cxc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know the exact details of the collision. The Conquest is a thin walled Al frame and a frontal impact with 175# behind it at 5 MPH could definitely cause a buckling of the dt if the conditions are right (or wrong as it might be seen). I don't know which Conquest this frame is, but sometimes the fork takes the brunt of it, the wheel is often not damaged if it is hit head on with good tire pressure to spare the rim from denting. It doesn't hurt to contact Redline to see what if anyting can be done-perhaps they have a crash replacement policy. A few of the earlier posters to this thread have mentioned that is is poor design, mfg. defect, or redline's problem. This type of impact doesn't really constitute "normal" useage for this type of bike. Admittedly, I often use my CX bike as a mtb, but am well aware that a poor landing or a missed hop will crack my fork or dent my tube or my rim...I will not blame this on "defective" workmanship or bad design. For this reason, I've 'sacraficed' during a race and dismounted on a high curb jump that other riders were jumping b/c I didn't want to risk breaking my bike for a race I couldn't win. Accidents happen.