Old 07-09-10, 12:22 AM
Hida Yanra
VeloSIRraptor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by brbbiking
My first race (crit) tonight. Here's how it went down (not literally, don't worry):
d*** dude, sorry to hear that.
Yeah, I'm the guy who rode around the course with you.
The race left a few minutes early by my clock (I had 5:28 when we hit the top of the hill), and I called to you to stop and wait for them to come around again, but I guess you didn't hear me.
Anyhow, this is a training race, so even if you get dropped you can wait around till the pack comes back by and jump back in. (I did this a few times when I started racing)... there's no way you or I or most anyone else would catch the pack solo if you had a 45" gap to make up from the start and still live through the rest of the race... the math just doesn't work out.

I was actually riding that race myself, and so I toodled around the course until they came by and I jumped in... as easy as that. (You went off like a shot as I was trying to explain that... you can get it next time)

You did just fine, I looked for you a couple of times when I was moving through the pack... come back next week and hit me up for some gels or something since I screwed you over. I'm super sorry about that.

Anyhow - for my report,
I rode for an hour, got to the race, decided to do two, did the early race and the 3/4s race, did way better than I anticipated in both, am looking forward to this weekend.