View Single Post
Old 07-11-10, 03:51 PM
BullGatorTitan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally got in to see the doctor on the 9th, after reading the MRI, they up'd my appt by a week. Turns out I have three compression fractures, L1-3. Still having pain issues from that, and still having headaches from the concussion. I am in a back brace now for at least 10 weeks, and the fractures could take up to 4 months to heal. The back brace matches the boot I am wearing for my ankle. Hopefully will be out of the boot tomorrow, but not counting on the doc to let me out of that one for probably another 2 weeks. After reading many articles the last few weeks of bikers getting hit and being killed, I definitely consider myself and my co-workers extremely lucky, as someone was watching over us that day.

I hope to be back on the bike by the end of this year, but I will have to start physical therapy on my back after I get out of the brace, and it might be a while after that before I am able to really lean forward to get in the position I rode previoius. The worst part is, I just started cycling last year, late July, and I was really starting to get into good riding shape, and able to hang with some friends that have been riding for years. I still plan to get back on the bike, but definitely won't be as soon as I had hoped.