Old 07-11-10, 07:26 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
July 11th UPDATE (5,088)

As always, these are just summaries. The actual entries with linked websites, objects, video's etc... can be found here:

Blog: http://tandemgeek.wordpress.com
Web: http://www.thetandemlink.com

-------------------------------------------------

“Nude” Carbon Needs Sunscreen… Really.

When we built our collection of Calfee bikes I opted to leave off the paint and clear coat as a way of freeing myself of being overly concerned with protecting our painted frames from nicks and scuffs. For the most part, it’s been a great choice. However, owning a Calfee or any other composite-framed bike [...] Read more…

The Old and New “Brewery Ride”

This past Friday was one of those rare days when both Debbie and I had off-days at work. Therefore, we were able to saddle-up the tandem and join four other members of the LM cycling club for a 50-mile ride from the Budweiser brewery in Cartersville, Georgia. The club typically tries to have some type of [...] Read more…

Racing Wheels… On Tandems That Ain’t Racin’?

Dumb idea… at least from my perspective. You know, it’s kind of humorous to look back at the near-term history of tandem wheels. By near term, I’m looking back to the 70′s when what I’d like to think of as the Great-American Tandem Renaissance seemed to begin. This was a time when serious cyclists had [...] Read more…

Team “Sheep Trick”

Lieven S. and Doris E. hail from Belgium and came to our attention via a comment posted to a recent blog entry. Lieven subscribed to our blog about a month ago and it was the mention of Chuck & Karla S. taking their new Eriksen 29er to the upcoming Leadville 100 that caught his attention: turns [...] Read more…

Bloggishnish: July 6th

Proofreading & Editing – An Apology: I need to extend a sincere apology to my subscribers and anyone else who happens upon my blog posts shortly after they’re first published. I’ve never been very good at proofreading my own copy and these blog entries are no exception. I tend to do my writing later in [...] Read more…