billydonn
Council of the Elders

Bikes: 1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by gunguy05
Back on topic. On SSI there is a new bike path on the N end of the island. At least 12-14 miles of it. I think it has been built in the last year. I don't get out that way much, but I know it is relatively new.
Correct. They were working on that path last summer (09) when I was there. The road is very good on that end of SSI too... pretty low traffic and smooth.

Originally Posted by sseaman
I road 150+ miles last week while there. The bike paths are suitable for slower rides, so I stayed off them the whole time. I only have 1 only lady get mad that I was riding on the roadway which was funny cause I was pushing 22 mph in a 25 mph zone. You can ride from one end of the island and back and get about 30 miles rounbd trip. I also took 2 rides over the bridges to Brunswick, and out HWY 17, and then 1 ride from SSI to Jekyll Island. The wind off the ocean wasn't aweful just had to make sure I had enough left to push back through it. I loved staying at SSI, I'm not much of a beach person so really enjoyed the slower pace of life.
If you rode over the tall bridge you are braver than I! Got pics of that?