View Single Post
Old 07-13-10, 03:59 PM
coolio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vik
And yet there are still only a handful of fully suspended bent trikes made and very small quantities sold. Not much of an incentive for a bike company to made a radical shift in their design and manufacturing plans. Fully suspended 2 wheel bents have been around for ages and similarly a few people have bought them, but they remain a niche item in a niche market because most people prefer the lower cost, lower weight and simplicity of non-suspended bents.
In terms of the U.S. mass market (xmart and the like) I'd be willing to bet that most new bikes sold today have some sort of suspension. By this I mean those hybrid uprights with a suspension front fork and some with a suspension seatpost. And, I'm not counting those cheap MTBs that have at least a front suspension fork. In the main, these are weekend riders that won't really put their bikes through the paces that people who frequent the BF forums would, though. However, they'd probably very satisfied in what they buy and the price they paid for their bikes.