Lawrence08648
Advisor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Too long a story.

Here's my story.

I got bit by a tick, I was misdiagnosed for 1 1/2 yrs I couldn't ride 25 miles at 10 mph. body aches, stiffness, neck stiffness, forgetting things, left hand was shaking as if I had Parkinson's, nightly sweats that soaked the bed. Fiinally I was tested positive for Lyme's. I had two previous tests that were negative, Elissa test has a 70% false negative rate, next test up 30% false negative, which means you have Lyme's but it says you don't. The doctor said I don't have Lyme's, 2 months previous I was biking 100 miles then down to 20 miles. Doctor says what do you expect, you are 2 months older. When I was diagnosed, the doctor said you only need 3 weeks of pills, I saw another doctor said I only need 1 month of intravenous antibiotic, saw another doctor and I was on intravenous antibiotics for 8 months then 10 months of pills. I've been on antibiotics for 18 of the past 24 months and on my "last" 3 month round then I wait and get tested in 3 months. Just about 2 months ago I felt my speed and biking coming back. I'm looking forward to a good test this time. 5 months ago I was tested by 2 different labs, 0 of 3 tests from one lab showed no Lyme's, 3 of 3 from the second lab showed Lyme's. These are advanced tests that can test for both active Lyme's and residual Lyme's and the degree of each.