Old 07-14-10, 09:58 AM
AdamDZ
Bike addict, dreamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by benajah
In America we, at least historically, value freedom and capitilizm over almost anything else. As far as I know, there are no laws (with the exception of the minimum wage and the one brand new law regarding healthcare) that require any employer to offer anything to an employee. I have had several jobs where we did not get any vacation, and several where we had too much (construction, slow periods, but no pay either).
I think this whole "freedom" thing is an illusion, a trick used to brainwash people. Americans are economically enslaved. What freedom is it if your credit report is the number one factor that will decide your quality of life? Until recently you could be denied health insurance based on pre-existing condition. The employers start dictating people what they can and cannot do in their free time, so do schools. The Police and judicial system have become tools for corporations to extort money and terrorize citizens and stiffle small business. The US military is protecting the interests of the American Corporations first, not the American citizens.

What freedom?