Old 07-14-10, 01:54 PM
Inertianinja

Bikes: Felt AR1, Cervelo S2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Polar Foil
Well, sounds like you could do a couple things. You could try going into work earlier. If you're the first one there, nobody knows when you got there and they can't as freely judge you for leaving "early" or earlier than they do. Then you could work out right after work. Maybe leaving earlier would get you home earlier due to traffic--if you could add 30 minutes of training time that way, great. Another idea would be to train while "chilling with the fiancee" as in ride on a trainer or other stationary equipment while watching tv or talking....but it depends on what you do when you curently "chill."

Another thing you could consider is "training" yourself to live with 30 minutes less sleep, if you haven't already done that--you don't mention when bedtime is--in order to workout 30 minutes more. Everybody's different though. Do you snore? (Ask your fiancee to be sure.) If so your workouts could be more productive if you take care of that problem.

But I think if you do decide to train at night, within a couple hours of bedtime, it should be less intense or at least a very short workout (like 30 minutes).

Overtraining is when you train so much your body can't recover. Only you know when that point is. If you think you've palteaued now, maybe you just need to vary things rather than add training. Eat 30 minutes before your morning workout, or shift the workout from morning to night. Do it for a couple weeks and see if there's any improvement.
i'm already getting up at 5am, averaging six hours of sleep. I can't sleep any less than i am.

and yea, as i said, the idea was to get on the trainer at home before bed/while i'm with the fiancee. just worried that i'm going to overtrain and start screwing things up.