View Single Post
Old 07-15-10, 04:03 PM
lucille

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Panniers or trailers?

I need your help once again, fellow folder fanatics.

We'll be taking our NWT to France, and I'm trying to figure out how take our luggage with us. Should do panniers or the BF trailer that attaches to the bike suitcase?

We need to buy trailers (on sale right now at BF website), or we need to buy panniers (the ones we have are not really fit anymore), so we'll be spending money either way.

I'm a bit concerned about the handling of the bike with the suitcase on wheels behind it, and riding on narrow roads with it.

We have never toured on a folder, but I'm hoping that riding it loaded up with panniers wouldn't be too different from riding full size bike loaded up.

If touring with panniers, we need to find a hotel that will want to store our bike suitcases.

If touring with trailers, we can skip Paris all together and get on the train to our first destination straight from the airport, giving ourselves an extra day of riding.

I know it's personal preference, but we've been going back and forth for weeks, and keep finding pros and cons for both. We need to decide soon and make our purchases. What do you think? I feel like I may have to consult the magic eight ball....