Old 07-15-10, 06:11 PM
MisterAngular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They way I see it, the faster I am, the less time I have to spend on the saddle! Last year, the real hurt started around 130 miles or so. Pesky cramping on the inner thigh muscles and overall fatigue setting in. The last 50 miles after crossing over the Lewis & Clark bridge was miserable. I wanted off the bike in the WORST way imaginable. My friend on the his recumbant was still smiling and chipper. I wanted to choke him. I'm sure it'll hurt this year but I'm hoping to pace myself better and ensure I take in enough electrolytes (salt!), as well as nutritional support.

Robert... sounds good. If you want, shoot me your phone # in a private message and hopefully we can meet up at the start line. My bib # is 5889. I'll be on a white Cervelo R3. Not sure which jersey I'll be wearing, but hopefully something semi-unique and easy to identify. (In other words, not a 2009 or 2010 STP jersey!) I found one other guy from RoadBikeReview that I'll be meeting up with as well. Taking it easy the first 50-100 miles is the way to go. There will be plenty of riders on the road and maintaining 18-20 with a large group or paceline is pretty easy. I think I started off last year doing like 20-22 and cranking up that first big hill in Puyallup when I should have been conserving energy for later. I blame the power meter! "Oh, look, I can make 700 watts." (for about 15 seconds anyway)

Bradley