Old 07-17-10, 02:44 PM
bobframe

Bikes: Cervelo Soloist, Giant TCR Advanced, Co-Motion Americano Co-Pilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Big Agnes makes some nifty tents.

I have the Copper Spur UL2..a lightweight, free standing two person tent. Look here: http://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Det.../CopperSpurUL2.

The tent weighs 3lbs 13 oz. and has a 52" x 90" footprint...which was a good bit longer than most 1 or 2 man tents I found. It's not cheap (MSRP is $399) but I thought it was a nicely designed tent and lightweight. I tried the one man tent and for me (6'3", 240...it was WAY too small. The two man version gives me plenty of room for a 77" sleeping pad, a "long" sleeping bag (78") and a fair amount of gear beside me. It may seem as though a 75" inch guy in a 78" bag inside a 90" tent would have a ton of room lengthwise...but I seem to completely fill this tent up, so a tent with 4-6" less length would have been a real problem for me. If you are a tall person, I'd advise paying close attention to the tent footprint.

I like the fact that there are two entrances... in the event that you decide to share your space you're not crawling over each other.

Haven't had the tent out in rough weather yet, so no idea how it will perform. But when it is fully staked out it is tight as a drum. I have spent the nigt in 20F weather and while there was frozen condensation on the tent, I had no problems with "drippage". in fact, I've never had any condensation issues, but i am careful to stake it out tight so that there is maximum air circulation under the fly.

IMG_2687..jpg

Last edited by bobframe; 07-17-10 at 02:56 PM.