Old 07-17-10, 11:07 PM
ph4nt0mf1ng3rs

Bikes: 2013 Specialized Allez, Iro Mark V

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow. Sounds like Ive got some work to do.... -.-
I actually thought I had remembered reading in one of the bicycling magazines that the pull muscles are stronger than teh push, but its not aerobically advantageous.....idk. But Ill take YOUR word for it =].

Deeeng. I have hella work to do.

Thanks a lot for your help Tejano. I do remember you saying that 50/15 was a ratio used often by track racers? Thats really close to a lot of the stock ratios coming off of the BD bikes. Just an observation. I THINK thats what you said on the SSFG forum on the thread that someone posted regarding ratios lol.

In any case, is there a point at which you pedal so fast that momentum actually takes over the pull force of the back foot? Or are track racers trained enough so that even at high cadences, their muscles fire at just the right moment that they can still exert pulling and pushing forces simultatenously?

And as to your upper body strength: Is the trasnfer to the back wheel (the force) require a very "quiet" upperbody? Is that what the strength is for? To keep the upper body as motionless as possible? Or is there somerthing that you do with your upperbody specifically that trasnfers this power? Becasue I notice that (well maybe not sprinters) racers (primarily TTs) keep an extremely quiet upper body. Sprinters, I have not watched enough of them. But from what I have watched, the only significant upper body movement is the arms when the bike is rockin from side to side during a very hard sprint.