Old 04-29-05, 06:09 PM
palmertires

Bikes: Beater 8000 custom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mmerner
I don't think a kid would learn to balance on one of thoses. Or is that not the point?
Well, it seems essentially like a bike with training wheels on it. Eventually they'd have to give up the tricycle, though, so there would still be that dad running down the street hanging on to the back of the seat. I see your point. When I had my training wheels removed I think I ran the neighbor kid off the side walk because I got so caught up in balancing everything else became insignificant. That family kind of hated my family for the rest of the time we lived in that neighborhood. Oh well, it was their dumb kid's fault for riding towards me when she knew I was just learning. In retrospect, it's kind of humorous. I still remember that moment...and, I guess, as the more experienced cyclist, she should have been better equipped to handle that type of situation. I held my ground, ran her right off the sidewalk, and kept riding. Horrible story. (No one got hurt, except for maybe a skinned knee or elbow)