Old 07-21-10, 02:27 PM
rajarajan

Bikes: '07 Felt F85, '14 Cervelo S3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Not the Slowest
Can I copy routes from cue sheets into it?
Which software would I use and how?

Would it advise me of turns?
Street names?
Off course?
Export my ride into a cue sheet or similar?
Try out www.bikeroutetoaster.com (and some other sites).
There (using a printed cue sheet) you can click your way through the map to build a course and then transfer it to the 305. For this you need to have the 'Garmin Communicator' installed. Though sometimes I have had problems doing this, so I download the tcx file and use Garmin Training Center (referred to as GTC) and use that to transfer the route in the tcx file to the unit. It will advise you of turns (there is some click button there to turn it on/off). Street names - no, I dont think so as it does not have a build in map. Off course - of course it does that - by showing you where you are right now (arrowhead) with respect to where your course is (squiggly line). Export your ride to a cue sheet - there are some google map tools that might do that - I haven't tried any.

Hope you enjoy your 305. The best part I like is to go home and review my ride in terms of seeing on a map the places I went and my speed/cadence/hr at a particular point. I use sporttracks for keeping track of my rides.

Last edited by rajarajan; 07-21-10 at 02:30 PM. Reason: 2 more lines