Old 07-23-10, 08:30 AM
witsbusa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Recommendations for road bike - approx. $2,200 price range?

New to the forum, so hello all.. I'm shopping for a road bike for training, club rides, and possibly recreational racing.. I've been on a mountain bike for years on the trails but need to have a cardio activity that I can just walk out the garage and go instead of driving to trails.

My LBS that I was hoping to give the business carries trek mainly and I was looking at the madone line, but I don't know that one can be had at my price point. I was hoping some of you with experience could give me some recommendations on specific bikes to look at. I'd like to get a carbon fiber framed bike, and would prefer to get the Ultegra group though it sounds like the 105 would be fine too?

Any specific recommendations are appreciated and if you have any tips on where to get the best deals, it's much appreciated. Another quick question, I am going to the local shop to work with their fit guy.. with that "fit" translate over to other bikes if I end up buying online? I will certainly be supporting the local shop with accessories, etc., and have a good relationship with them as we've purchased a number of bikes from the for the kids as well as all gear we have needed. I just don't want to be tied to the bike makes that they carry.

So if you were spending up to $2,200, what would you buy and where.. any recommendations on pedals and other useful accessories for a road bike are appreciated to.. thanks a lot for any thoughts! Ben