View Single Post
Old 04-30-05, 11:00 PM
pearcem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i have never done a tt, but i am doing one in two weeks and can tell you what i have been told about training. Do longer (8-10 minutes min.) LT intervals and at least one ride a week longer than 40K. Also, try and ride the course before if you live in the area or get a chance to go out to the race site. I would also Spend some time on the new tt bike (which i hope to see pictures of soon), and do at least one 40K + ride on it to make sure your comfortable on it for that long of a time period. You obviously don't want to go quite as hard as your 25k or you'll blow up, but idealy you would be able to keep your heart rate right at or BARELY below your LT at a cadence of 85-95 (the cadence is more of a personal preference, though). Don't forget a good warm up so you can go out hard and make the most of every bit of the course. Also, get in some complex carbs before (fruit, oatmeal, energy bar, etc...) and make sure to take plenty of water and whatever carb drink you use. Also, take an energy bar and the stuff to fix a flat (if you can carry them). On a 40k tt course, assuming it's unsupported and is an out an back or a single loop, you would be in trouble if you flatted or bonked and didn't have the stuff to get yourself rolling again. Good luck, and let us know how it goes. Oh, and don't worry about the people saying negative crap. Get out there and give it your best, it sounds like you've got what it takes to set a good benchmark to improve on.