View Single Post
Old 07-24-10, 07:52 AM
slvoid
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM

Bikes: 04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dahut
Especially when it's your own.

Okay let me get this right - they committed the heinous, dastardly act of honking at you.
Say it isn't so!
Then they went around you and gave you space. So YOU chased them down to confront them, going far out of your way to do so. You started out with them okay, verbally, although you were certain they had nothing to offer - they were fat and frumpy, after all. People like that certainly need to be put in their place.

But when they offered their own reasoning, backed up by a sign supporting it - you didnt open your mind. No you went off, going straight to whining and crying about your rights. Booyah!
No actually when they offered a reason and backed it up, he went on to whine about how the "WARNING" was merely a "suggestion." Good to see there are some people who can keep an open mind and not jump on the cyclist is always right bandwagon. I know I do some pretty stupid things sometimes, like ride the wrong way into 3 lanes of moving traffic...

Plus I always thought honking twice (like the road runner) was just as good as a quick beep.