Old 07-24-10, 02:01 PM
witsbusa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks for the addition insight guys.. three demo rides today:

Cervelo S1 -- Ultegra components. I really liked it as this was the first road bike I've been on in a while. Rolled extremely well, and very smooth. Didn't really feel anything "harsh", but this was the first ride.

Specialized Tarmac Comp -- Shimano 105 components. This bike felt smoother around the same test route. Might be my imagination, but it didn't feel like it rolled as nice, but wow was it smooth. Nicer stock bars and seat to me.

After that shop, I headed to the trek dealer and got fitted on a Madone 4.7. It was set up with the SRAM Rival components. I actually liked the SRAM system of shifting, though I also liked the Shimano setups. I got to take the bike home, so I went out for a 40 minute ride over hills, flats, rougher and nicer roads. I think this is the one.

As much as I love the aero look of the Cervelo, it didn't feel as comfortable to me as the two carbon fiber bikes. And they all just went compared to the old mountainbike I've been riding. Now the tricky part is selecting between the specialized and trek..

Anyone care to weigh in? I need some help because both felt great.. if it matters, trek is the blue, black and white and the specialized is the black and gray carbon look.. hmmmmmmmmm..