Old 05-01-05, 02:47 AM
CommuterRun
Conservative Hippie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dedhed
A voice of reason I can agree with. I think part of it is the faceless nameless nature of the net that makes bashing easy and painless. My one ton sits most of the time except to plow snow, dump runs, and working trips to the land. I don't like that my full size van everyday driver is a gas pig but it carries the family comfortably, tows the camper, hauls all the stuff we need for our life style. Would I like to have another small vehicle which could handle most of the day to day stuff, sure. Can I afford another vehicle, insurance, maintenance etc. Not really, So for now the van is it. I try in other areas to help, compost food scrap, recycle paper, plastic, all kinds of metals. Bike commute when possible, plant trees, clean up the parkway behind my house, buy in bulk where possible. REpair many things instead of throwing them out, turn off lights (Kids need work here), cut my grass less often and don't fertilize or weed kill and just a list of other ways to conserve or help in my small little ways. Now if I could just quit smoking!
P.S. I wish I bought milk one gallon at a time, Darn teens eat food like it grows on farms or something!
Actually, it looks like you already have the plan I outlined on another thread recently and am looking to implement this summer. A single vehicle that will do just about everything this family needs a vehicle for, that will be a second vehicle to the bicycles. For us I think a second car, even a high mileage hybrid, would be excessive.