Old 07-26-10, 09:18 AM
CbadRider

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by FisherQueen
OT question: I've only been here for a few days, so maybe it's just coincidence, but I've been surprised at the amount of anti-woman humor I've seen here so far. Is the sexism a forum culture thing, or something I can expect to see if I connect with my own local cycle club? I don't want to waste my time trying to be part of the larger community, if cycling is just a sport in which women aren't welcome, like football.

Or have I just joined the community during a bad week?
Sexist comments are a violation of the forum guidelines (located at the top left of your screen under the FAQ link).

As a community with a diverse variety of members and readers, we ask that our members to post without using vulgarity. Vulgarity not only includes vulgar language and pictures but also sexist, racist, anti-religious, images of graphic violence, political statements and homophobic language which may offend other members. In addition, the "masking" of vulgarity by inserting * or another keystroke in place of one or more letters in a vulgar term is unacceptable in most cases. It will also be impermissible to anagramize a word to bypass the filters. This applies to all content submitted by users including posts, PMs, avatars and signatures.

Feel free to use the "report post" button (exclamation point in a triangle) if you think a post is in violation of the forum guidelines.

There is a women's forum you are eligible to gain access to after posting for a month. Send a PM to Siu Blue Wind (administrator) to get access.

Forum Guidelines *click here*

Last edited by CbadRider; 07-26-10 at 09:22 AM.