View Single Post
Old 07-27-10, 10:21 AM
canyoneagle

Bikes: Vassago Moosknuckle Ti 29+ XTR, 90's Merckx Corsa-01 9sp Record, PROJECT: 1954 Frejus SuperCorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by CommuterRun
I don't see what nahh said as being a lecture. no1mad asked for advice and what nahh said is pertinent to some of the background that no1mad gave. And actually what nahh said is better advice than that I gave on the same subject.

Nah, go right ahead. I posted that knowing it would be funny, but a little background: what I said to no1mad earlier about me taking a lower paying job close by rather than a higher paying job further away; I do golf course maintenance on a 18 hole course with a 7 man crew counting the superintendent and the mechanic. This time of year, really anytime during the growing season, I may be on four different kinds of mowers over the course of the day. Or on a day like today I may spend a 10 hour day on a tractor mowing rough. Think I'm gonna' mow the yard when I get home?
"You want me to mow what!!?"

Fortunately my wife understands this, so she takes care of the yard.

As a matter of fact I really did just order her a brand new mower yesterday. Should be in Wednesday or Thursday.

Funny true story:
A next door neighbor I had, since moved away, sheepishly came over one day.
"Hey, man. It's making my wife mad that you're chipping golf balls while your wife is mowing your yard."

Me:
"No problem. She's mowing because she wants to. Tell your wife to not look over here if she doesn't like it."

He went home.
Great to know! I can totally relate. One of my wife's many aptitudes is that she's a certified Massage Therapist. When whe was working at a spa full time, there was no way in hell I would ask her for a massage.